fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] A new operation in contrib.project

From: Akira Li
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] A new operation in contrib.project
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:28:19 +0300

Benoit Caron <address@hidden> writes:
> It seemed very natural for me to put this in contrib.project, but is
> this the right place?
>
> Should Fabric have a special way to "glue" 3rd-party recipes? Or am I
> just shy of putting stuff into the "real" thing? ;)

Installation as a separate module might be preferable in some cases:

  $ easy_install yourpackage

And then in fabfile:

  from fabric import snapshot_project

It requires fabric to use `pkg_resources.iter_entry_points()` or similar
and `yourpackage` to define entry point in its ``setup.py``:

  setup(...
      entry_points="""
      [fabric.command]
      snapshot_project = yourpackage.mod:Command
      """)

--
Akira.