fab-user

[Fab-user] [ANN] Fabric 1.0.4, 1.1.4, 1.2.2 released, & status update

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: [Fab-user] [ANN] Fabric 1.0.4, 1.1.4, 1.2.2 released, & status update
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 16:04:46 -0700

Hi all,

More bugfixes, including (but not limited to!) that egregious bug
preventing piping Fabric output to other programs.

* http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.0.4/changelog.html
* http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.1.4/changelog.html
* http://docs.fabfile.org/en/1.2.2/changelog.html

Next up is testing and tweaking Morgan's multiprocessing/parallelism
work to get 1.3 out the door, which should be a nice boost to Fabric's
ability to operate in larger environments.

Adding logging support would be useful for this new functionality, but
I may put that out as a followup feature release, if parallel
execution works "well enough" without logging that folks would benefit
from having it released "early".

N.B. With the release of 1.3 I will take a harder look at how many
branches continue to get bugfixes -- I don't want to make the *time*
window of support too short, but it's also a pain to manage an
increasing number of releases.

Thanks,
Jeff

--