fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] A couple of questions

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] A couple of questions
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:37:04 -0700

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Tomasz Melcer <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was thinking of something different: to be able to use a chroot as a
> host, instead of an ssh connection.
>
> I assume this would be a major change?

You'll need to clarify a bit more, I'm afraid I don't follow -- when
you say "chroot" are you meaning a *local* chroot, and you want
sudo/run/etc to execute locally and inside that chroot? Otherwise I'm
not sure what you're asking for.

Either way, I'm not sure I like the proposed API change, it seems both
very niche in application and departs pretty significantly from the
current conceptual execution model.

If you could highlight your specific use case here (i.e. what are you
doing by hand right now?) that might help.

> Yes, exactly. It doesn't seem very difficult to do, maybe I'll try later.

Sure -- thanks! If you do, please submit a pull request via Github,
and include a link to ticket #289 as I feel it's strongly related.

Best,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier