fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] pave issue

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] pave issue
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 18:00:08 -0300

From: Geir Engebakken <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] pave, A new config and deployment tool

This sounds very interesting for us. I tried to install pave on our Red Hat
server, but got an error :

address@hidden fabric]# pave
   ? INFO    main: pave version 0.56, Python: 2.6.6, fabric: 1.6.0
                   pavefile: ./pave.yml, logs: /tmp/pave/root/logs
   ? FATAL   main: "Linux/Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.1 Santiago" is not
yet supported.

Do you know why?

Looks like the extra space in "Red Hat" threw off its OS detection. As tested platforms are few I'm still mostly white-listing them. However, I expect pave to work reasonably well on RHEL and would appreciate hearing about any further issues. You're welcome to enter them at bitbucket so as not to bore this list. ;)

To try this patch you'll need to install directly from the repo, i.e.,

    sudo pip install https://bitbucket.org/mixmastamyk/pave/get/default.zip

-Mike