fab-user

[Fab-user] rsync_project without verbose output

From: Jon Dufresne
Subject: [Fab-user] rsync_project without verbose output
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:46:10 -0700

Hi,

I am using rsync_project to transfer files to servers as part of my deployment process. Thousands of files are transferred. Using rsync_project, Fabric's rsync passes -v (--verbose) which causes every file uploaded to be printed out. With thousands of files, this is very noisy. Is there a way to prevent verbose output?

I tried passing the -q (--quiet) option to extra_opts, however this suppresses a lot more than just the verbose output, so I end up with too little output. I think perhaps the best policy would be not to force verbose output on user.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jon