fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Using reboot in a fabfile

From: Jacob McCoy Wade
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Using reboot in a fabfile
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2018 08:27:53 -0700

Well, unless you are connecting to the server as root, you are probably going to need to use sudo?
@task
def reboot():
  With hide(“everything”), show (“stderr”):
  sudo(‘reboot’)

???

On Aug 8, 2018, at 4:38 AM, Daniel Lumb <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

New to Fabric and this is a very basic question but I'm finding it crazily hard to find the right documentation/usage examples...

I'm trying to create a series of tasks in fabfile.py, one of these tasks is solely intended to reboot the target servers. I can't seem to define this in a way that works, this is what I have:

@task
def reboot():
    with hide ("everything"), show ("stderr"):
reboot

This runs OK using the fab binary on the CLI but it doesn't seem to actually do anything on the target servers. I've tried a fair few other things and haven't had any success.

Apologies this is so simple, a link to any relevant documentation is fine.

Thanks,
Dan