fbi-improved-devel

[fim-devel] fim release candidate: 0.5 (rc3) !!

From: Michele Martone
Subject: [fim-devel] fim release candidate: 0.5 (rc3) !!
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 14:36:23 +0200

Dear FIM/Fbi IMproved users,

I am happy to announce the release of fim-0.5-rc3.

This is a release with several bugfixes.
Main changes are:

 * bugfix: --offset option was ignoring lower bytes-offset.
 * bugfix: repeating "recording 'repeat_last'" (default '.' key) by prepending
a number now works
 * bugfix: conversion from external program was vulnerable to failure due to
missing check.
 * bugfix: on certain framebuffer configurations part of the screen would not
be redrawn.
 * fix in _seek_magic and documentation.
 * fix: in --offset mode, avoiding probing for external loader programs,
handling of larger offsets.
 * fix: 'recording' command non functioning properly.
 * fix: configure would fail on --disable-aa and absent aalib.
 * fix: mouse movement under SDL used to trigger unnecessary screen redraws.
 * fix: a check was missing in the PS decoder when reading from stdin.

Full record of user visible changes on
 http://www.nongnu.org/fbi-improved/#news

Tarballs available at
 http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/fbi-improved/
 (don't panic if it doesn't download at first -- all the mirrors
  have to get the files first)

As always, feedback is very appreciated: I am very grateful to the users
that the time have provided critiques, suggestions, useful bug reports,
patches or new code!