fenfire-dev

Re: issues with arch? Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG: tla fixed

From: Matti Katila
Subject: Re: issues with arch? Re: [Fenfire-dev] PEG: tla fixed
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:45:30 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Alatalo Toni wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
>
> two things, issues?
>
> > Issues
> > ======
> > - Should **everything** be done in arch?
> >    RESOLVED: No. Some things are more hassle than necessary there.
> >    ``manuscripts`` and ``spaces`` shall still be primarily
> >    handled through CVS, and mirrored to arch.
>
> 1. anon. access: will cvs be kept in synch and the way for
>    'outsiders' to get a hold, or arch used also for that?
>
>    Tuukkah already set up http access at
>    http://himalia.it.jyu.fi/%7barchives%7d/
>    but i had no luck retrieving from there (misses .listing)
>
> 2. branching: <mudyc> felt that arch is making working difficult,
>    that the idea of everyone having separate branches is flawed
>    when we are working on a common target.
>    what are the problems actually and could some utils or
>    practices solve them perhaps?

We were discussing with Janne and have some thoughts of tla:

1) Diff to commit message must be seen with one or two mouse clicks.
   Commit message has an url and via cgi script you can watch the diff
   with your browser.

       - improvement to cvs: cvs-commits list is too slow.

2) With special message, i.e., "Merge", the master of master arch should
   start merging process and diff to commits-list should be generated
   with master's note, like: 'Accepted, Not accepted: reason, etc..'

   -Matti