fenfire-dev

[Fenfire-dev] about right/left connections

From: Asko Soukka
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] about right/left connections
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:54:02 +0200

Hi,

Now when we all have used FenPDF for some time, have
you really benefit from the possibility to link items
from left to right or from right to left?

I'm not sure about myself. Right now I feel that I have mostly linked
from left to right and the only reason to link otherwise would be to
get some buois also onto the other side of the canvas.

I admit that the connections should still be directional (e.g. from
original document to transclusion), but I'm not anymore so much for
the left/right discrimination. I don't feel it nice that when I zoom
my transclusions to the left side of the canvas viewport, the
connections are drawn cross the whole canvas to reach the buois on the
right side of the viewport.

So, if we haven't got any benefit from the left/right discrimination,
should we consider trying without them?. AFAIK, it's not in our
RDF-structure, but only in the interpretation of directed connections?

Then the buoys would be placed left or right according to the position
of the transclusion on the current canvas viewport. Also the interface
for connecting items could be simplier without the need to choice
between left and right.

  -Asko