fenfire-dev

Re: [Fenfire-dev] darcs patch

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] darcs patch
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 03:28:07 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> thanks for the patch! Applied (with some small twids, see fencommits).

If we want to have the size of the fixed knob be something else than the
minimum size of the fraction knob, could we revert back to passing null
as the size model? Or would it be better to have some special value such
as NaN?

> Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> > so now please tell what I did wrong :-)
>
> Actually, it's good except for ugliness of having the
> visibleFractionModel in ViewportLob, which is probably what you're
> referring to.

Actually, I don't know if it's that bad in the end. I don't understand
Replaceables, Parameters, Templates, cloning etc. or why setSize is a
sufficient place to update the model, but at least this was simple and
introduced only one new object per viewport.

>      AssignedSizeGetterLob
>          ViewportLob
>     PreferredSizeGetterLob
>           (content)
>
> (I have a hard time coming up with good names for these, any
> improvements appreciated!)

In theory, MinSize and MaxSize are needed as well. Would the naming
of these as Getters imply that the models be read-only? RequestChangeLob
exists as the writable counterpart, and it never changes the model values.

The name "RequestChangeLob" could easily be interpreted as a lob that
requests changes instead of the lob that changes requests. Request isn't
even used in the names getNatSize etc. SizeRequestChangeLob?
NatSizeWatchLob or a general SizeRequestWatchLob?

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden