fenfire-dev

[Fenfire-dev] Re: today

From: Matti Katila
Subject: [Fenfire-dev] Re: today
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:35:43 +0200 (EET)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> but there's some things done at least. perhaps I can work on
> buoy-based fentwine later if you can write an e-mail on how it should
> work, from your perspective?

Write the class ViewSettings thing first
T1 -> View22
T4 -> View3
etc.

Where view is interface that has this getTypes() method and special thing
for a type that can render everything.

Then we need to have the cursor and graph and give them to
ConnectionView or Structure(ral?)View. Struct view starts rendering
ring zero. It asks for spatial view from view settings acording to cursor.

So, an interface for view settings could be like this:
   SpatialView getView(Cursor c);

Then here goes a question mark '?' because who knows the right size for
this view? Sizer or something?

But anyway, struct view asks spatial view to render. Then ring++;
Struct view queries all connection points from vob scene and start asking
from view settings for suitable spatial view. Struct view needs to ask
from sizer for coordinate system and parameters to place the ring one
spatial views. Then struct view renders -- *tadaa* -- connections between
ring -1 connection point and ring connection point.

As a side note, we might need to split the render method to
-render spatial bg
   - render connection
      - render spatial fg
We will see..

Struct view keeps rendering rings until max ring is reached.

   -Matti