fenfire-dev

Re: [Fenfire-dev] Yet another libvob API: LWJGL

From: Tuukka Hastrup
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Yet another libvob API: LWJGL
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:56:35 +0200 (EET)

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> > > Not really, there was this idea of moving the opengl data over in one jni
> > > call, independent of using native libvob?
> >
> > Ah, I see. You mean a new intermediate language from Java to native.
> > When new draw command is executed, all previous GL calls are pushed trough
> > int array or such. It might work.
>
> Sounds to me like a) a potentially good idea and b) something we don't
> need to worry about yet, since it will be pretty easy to slap on
> later?

a) "CallGL - call OpenGL functions from a string"
   The JNI part is at libvob/src/jni/Main.cxx and
   libvob/org/nongnu/libvob/gl/GL.java. You can't use callgl alone from
   Java but lwjgl could include it if they wanted to.
b) You will need a native implementation on the native side, so if you use
   one, there isn't much of a point using yet another native part such as
   lwjgl (which was the subject of this discussion).

Still boils down to: I don't want to slow you down doing this, more than
to suggest that if you make it, at least make it something we can use
better than what we already have.

Tuukka

--
-- Trying to catch me? Just follow up my Electric Fingerprints
-- To help you: address@hidden