fhsst-authors

Re: [Fhsst-authors] Maths Busted in CVS

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: Re: [Fhsst-authors] Maths Busted in CVS
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 00:17:08 +0100

Mark Horner wrote:
> Peter Hutnick wrote:
> > Looks like Sam removed it a couple of weeks ago.  Are there plans to get
> the math book put back together?
> Sam did remove the pstricks files from the repository but put links to
> where to get them in the SETUP file. There are 3 zip files you need to get:
>
> pst-3dplot.zip
> pst-circ.zip
> pst-vue3d.zip
>
> Once you have them you can either put the .tex, .sty and .pro files in
> the base fhsst directory or you can add them to your texmf tree.
>
> If you are using miktex under windows then make sure you add all the
> .pro files to dvips folder under your texmf tree. It is not sufficient
> to add them elsewhere - the dvi viewer only seems to check that folder.

yup... sorry about that, i DID send an email to the list though ;-)... guess
noone reads my emails.

the reason i did this was (after discussing it with mark), the license of our
book implies that all the files in our tree are also GNU FDL'ed... which they
are not; so it was best to remove the LaTeX adon files.

add on top of that, that we were running on a "broken" setup anyway, which
actually broke a correct install of said packages... after fixing the problem,
there were a few misuses of the pstricks package which our old setup just
allowed. i think a few people (in trig i think) may need to look for a few
FIXMEs or TODOs i put in there.

basically... its bad to include someone else's project in your own, so we opted
for letting people install the extra packages on their own site.

hope that clarifies the reasons behind it all!

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts