fle3-dev

Re: [Fle3-dev] Export won't work - Import won't work

From: Jukka K Purma
Subject: Re: [Fle3-dev] Export won't work - Import won't work
Date: Wed Aug 7 10:39:01 2002

> Simple solution:
>
> Find the line that causes the error, and simply ignore the
> exception. That's what I would do.
>
> Bo

Thank you,

yes, that was simple. (When I found where the traceback-data is kept :) )

But after that I was again creating a new FLE-instance and when I tried to
use existing database and import my previous users into it, I always had
an FLE error warning about user being in acl_users already, which of
course was the case because I was bringing users to the Zope root. My
manager account and pre-update fle-accounts were there and I didn't want
to delete them to make room for new copies. Well, I could make a new
temporary manager and clear all doubles out, but I just went to the site
of error (UserManager.py, line 452) and instead of error statement let
importUser do Return as like everything were fine.

Now my split users were again one big happy family, but for some reason I
lost my user preferences (full name, image etc.).

Now my FLE is fine and I'm very happy with it, like other test users here
in Connet, but just to let you know that there are problems when
importing database over existing acl_users-folder. When updating FLE, I
delete the FLE folder, but I left acl_users alone, and it should be like
that.

Happy, joy, happy

Jukka

---
importData
  File D:\connet\lib\python\Products\FLE\ImportExport.py, line 992, in
importUsers
  File D:\connet\lib\python\Products\FLE\ImportExport.py, line 1174, in
importUser
  File D:\connet\lib\python\Products\FLE\UserManager.py, line 452, in
add_user
    (Object: fle_users)
FLE Error: (see above)