fluid-dev

Re: [fluid-dev] Re: fluidsynth and jack on mac: The final link

From: Ebrahim Mayat
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Re: fluidsynth and jack on mac: The final link
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 16:21:09 +0200

ranlib: file: .libs/libfluidsynth.a(libfluidsynth_la-fluid_midishare.o) has no symbols

No, I did not enable neither alsa, ladspa nor oss.
(snip)
MidiShare is enabled (check my e-mail 8th March, 2004). MidiShare now exists as "/System/Library/Frameworks/MidiShare.framework".

I solved the "no symbols" problem by changing "-lMidiShare" in the configure script to "-framework MidiShare". I also added ladspa support which I got from fink.

ALSA: no
OSS: no
MidiShare: yes
JACK: yes
CoreAudio: yes
Readline: yes
LADCCA support: no
Debug: yes
Profiling: no
LADSPA support: yes
use long long: no
Pentium 3+ SSE: no

The undefined Jack symbols problem is now resolved. I added the "-prebind" option to the CFLAGS line in the Makefile and I checked the LD_PREBIND environment variable which is also set to 1. In accordance with St├ęphane's advice, I also added "-framework MidiShare -framework CoreAudio -framework Jack" to the LDFLAGS line in the Makefile, and BINGO!!!!!!YEAH!!!!!

ebrahimm% fluidsynth
fluidsynth: debug: Using 'coreaudio' audio driver

JAS: DeviceGetPropertyInfo unkown request:'bbvs'
fluidsynth: debug: sampleRate 44100
fluidsynth: debug: mFormatFlags 0000000B
fluidsynth: debug: mBytesPerPacket 8
fluidsynth: debug: mFramesPerPacket 1
fluidsynth: debug: mChannelsPerFrame 2
fluidsynth: debug: mBytesPerFrame 8
fluidsynth: debug: mBitsPerChannel 32
fluidsynth: debug: Using 'midishare' midi driver

fluidsynth version 1.0.3
Copyright (C) 2000-2002 Peter Hanappe and others.
FLUID Synth comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions; see the COPYING file for details.
SoundFont(R) is a registered trademark of E-mu Systems, Inc.

Type 'help' to get information on the shell commands.

> Found new FastLane device 0x4003
Using FastLane device 0x4003

Thanks Josh for your patience and advice throughout the build process. Thanks also to St├ęphane for helping with the linking to Jack.

Best Regards.
Ebrahim