Re: [fluid-dev] Multiple fluidsynth instances or all-in-one?

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Multiple fluidsynth instances or all-in-one?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:21:35 +0000

Each FluidSynth audio driver is only one thread, and thus all synthesis
processing is done in a single thread.  There are separate threads for
MIDI input though.  FluidSynth isn't really doing anything special
currently to utilize SMP systems.  If you are running a couple separate
FluidSynth processes it may or may not be more efficient.  Not really
sure.  It would be nice to allow FluidSynth to at least be able to share
settings/instruments etc between instances.  This has been suggested
before, but so far no progress in that area.

Best regards,
        Josh