Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth changes

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Fluidsynth changes
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 21:19:33 +0200

On Mon, 2007-04-23 at 19:18 +0200, Miguel Lobo wrote:

> I actually knew that. On the other hand, many of those OSes won't be
> able to use Fluidsynth as long as it lacks an audio driver compatible
> with them.  Fluidsynth has a Windows audio driver.  Does it have one
> for Solaris?  No?  Then what use is a build system that supports
> Solaris?

Well OSS supports Solaris, which means, yes!  MSVC likely won't run on
my ARM 9 based embedded system, but gcc sure the hell will ;)  The
discussion is all a bit off topic now I think.  As I've said before,
this may indeed turn out to not be a fork, if it seems to make sense to
go that direction in making FluidSynth natively C++.  I've been kicking
around the thought of doing a GObject re-code of it just for the hell of
it.  It probably wouldn't take that long, and something like GOB might
help.  That would at least give us all a better idea what would be the
best long term solution.

> C++'s features are useful precisely because they can't be simulated in
> C that easily.  But anyway, I won't be doing that translation; good
> luck to those who will.

Not sure any such translation is needed, unless you mean writing a C
binding for the C++ re-work.

> Regards,
> Miguel

Regards,