Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth segfault on Fedora10 AMD64

From: David Henningsson
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] FluidSynth segfault on Fedora10 AMD64
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 23:24:35 +0200

Irányossy Knoblauch Artúr skrev:
> Hi!
>
> FluidSynth stops after a few minutes with a segmentation fault.
> I tried to build the latest version (1.0.9) from source, but it
> produces the same things.

Just a theory, could this be a threading issue, which has been discussed
on this list earlier? Are you playing MIDI files or are you playing
"live" on e.g. a MIDI keyboard? If you're playing MIDI files, the svn
version should be free from those bugs if you enable the sample timers
(they should be enabled by default in current svn).

So you can try to build the svn version from source and see if that
helps (see http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/wiki/BuildingFluidSynth
). Note that it is currently only the MIDI file player that has been
fixed, not any other midi source.

// David