Re: [fluid-dev] Is there some configuration file for libfluidsynth?

From: josh
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Is there some configuration file for libfluidsynth?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 02:27:49 -0400

Quoting "Yair K." <address@hidden>:

On Monday, 11 May 2009 07:53:22 address@hidden wrote:
Quoting "Yair K." <address@hidden>:
> Hi there,
>
>   I want to set some fluidsynth settings globally, however most programs
> only expose the soundfont selection. Is there some global way to set
> default settings like audio.periods, audio.output-channels, etc.?
>
> Yours,
>    Yair K.

Hello,

You mean like a FluidSynth configuration file?  Currently no.  Seems
like that would be a nice feature though.  It would set the default
values, which an application would override.

I added a ticket:
http://fluidsynth.resonance.org/trac/ticket/42

Best regards,
Josh Green

Thanks! There is a "key-value file parser" API included in glib which can be
used for this. It only exists since glib version 2.6, though, so using it may
be a problem.

Yours,
        Yair K.

I was also thinking of using glib for this feature. The key-value parser is probably the best way to go. We are planning on requiring glib 2.6, since that seems to be the latest version for OS/2 which support was recently added for, so that should be fine.

Cheers.
Josh Green