Re: [fluid-dev] Sample Rate

From: Nils Hammerfest
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Sample Rate
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 19:17:53 +0100

Let me hijack this topic.
This is a situation with Denemos built-in fluidsynth. Version is 1.1.1

We have a preferences menu in Denemo where you can specify the periodsize and
samplerate.
My JACKd runs @ 96000 and I set Denemo/Fluidsynth to 96k, too.
This is the terminal output. First three lines are from Denemo to verify that
the preferences are saved:

Version 0_8_11
Setting sample rate 96000
Setting audio.period-size to 256
fluidsynth: warning: Jack sample rate mismatch, expect tuning issues
(synth.sample-rate=44100, jackd=96000)

And its true, I get the tuning issues :(

However. Using fluidsynth as standalone with this parameters and just any midi
it works fine.
fluidsynth -a jack -m jack -r 96000 .sc-55.sf2 Opener.mid

The messages above are produced with this. Do you see anything wrong here?

fluid_settings_setint(settings, "synth.sample-rate" ,
Denemo.prefs.fluidsynth_sample_rate);
   g_print("Setting sample rate %d\n", Denemo.prefs.fluidsynth_sample_rate);

Nils, Denemo.org