[fluid-dev] Using fluidsynth from another environemnt.

From: Steve Nerat
Subject: [fluid-dev] Using fluidsynth from another environemnt.
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:57:50 -0400

Hi,

I have a question about using Fluidsynth from another environment.  I've been using Unity3D for creating apps and games.  The scripting and coding is limited to C#.  I found a C# wrapper here:

https://fluidsynthwrapper.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Samples

I would like the actual audio to be handled by Unity though, and it doesn't look like the wrapper contains anything for the fluid_synth_write functions.  Is there any other way to run Fluidsynth?  My only thought is to run Fluidsynth as an .exe (I'm in windows) and then sending it back to Unity somehow.  Is it possible to do this?

As you can probably guess, this is a bit over my head.  I definitely don't have the skill to rewrite the wrapper, but if I could just run Fluidsynth in the background and pass the data back and forth I think I would be okay.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve