Re: [fluid-dev] Poly/Mono in 1.1.7?

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Poly/Mono in 1.1.7?
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 01:39:55 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, Tom

More informations follows:

I confirm that PatchFluidPolyMono-0003 supersedes any others previous patch (i.e xxxxx-0001, xxxxx-0002).

The document PATCHFLUIDPOLYMONO-0003.pdf chapter 1.1 page 4 gives full details about

 1) How the patch has be done ? (chapter 1.1.2 page 5)

     From previous Source SourceForge git, not the recent git  upstream 1.1.6 release because the

     first writing was done early at 10/05/2015.

 2) How to apply the patch using tow alternate methods and the reason of this methods ? (chapter 1.1.3 and 1.1.4).

     Of course theses methods was probably only valuable in the context of the Sourceforge v1.06 version.

Please note the table chapter 1.1.1 p 5. It gives the full list of impacted files.

The line "src/rvoice/fluid_adsr_env.h" minor bug is the only thing that isn't related to PolyMono patch.

It is a minor correction on the asdr envelope generator behavior . The correction is not perceptible by the ear !!.

To be straigtforward in maintenance, may be this minuscule bug should be in a separate commit.

This will help to feel more confident about any migration on github.

Please don't hesitate to ask what you need. For the future discussion i will prefer to refer to the pdf

document because it has a better memory than mine !.

To keep life simple, the simplest way is to ask every things even if you don't intend to read this big pdf ;).

I understand the need to change some coding style (polishing). However to keep discussion as simple as possible,

i propose that the neccessary polishing may be done at the last steps. This way, this will be reported in any existing pdf as necessary.

I have'nt yet used upstream v1.1.6 so i am'nt yet able to understand possible troubles or conflits but i think it wasn't not to difficult to do at soon i will get a knowledge

of theses troubles and/or conficts . Be aware i am a real git beginner.

I'm staying in tune.

Regards

jjc

> Message du 09/10/17 18:54
> De : "jean-jacques.ceresa" <address@hidden>
> Copie à :
> Objet : Re: [fluid-dev] Poly/Mono in 1.1.7?

Hi Tom,
Yes the patch has be done from the v1.06 SourceForge git 1 year ago.
Ben have also apply this patch on a Rpi plateform. I have apply the patch on a Linux Debian too (summer 2016.)
Regards.