Re: [fluid-dev] Override CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Override CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 17:37:14 +0100

Why do you need to override only CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE?

Overriding CMAKE_C_FLAGS_<CONFIG> directly is not possible AFAIK (where
<CONFIG> is determined by CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE).

Custom build flags are usually supplied using the CMAKE_C_FLAGS var. By
documentation this var specifies "flags used regardless of the value of
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE".

The flags used for compilation are then e.g.:

"${CMAKE_C_FLAGS} ${CMAKE_C_FLAGS_RELEASE}"

So as it seems CMAKE_C_FLAGS is prepended rather than appended. This however is
cmake magic. Not sure if that's what you need.

Tom