Re: [fluid-dev] Panning with stereo samples

From: Antoine Schmitt
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Panning with stereo samples
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 14:20:59 +0100

Just jumping in this discussion, in case it is useful, there was a discussion already a few years ago on this topic :

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/fluid-dev/2012-06/msg00026.html

Le 4 janv. 2018 à 01:06, Marcus Weseloh <address@hidden> a écrit :

I think the cleanest and least hacky implementation would be to use the modulator functionality by introducing some non-standard "GEN_CUSTOM_BALANCE" generator. Do we need a default CC8 to GEN_CUSTOM_BALANCE modulator with an optional setting to switch this custom def. mod. off? Or should we solely rely on fluid_synth_add_default_mod()?

I've created a pull request for the balance control:

It uses a new non-standard generator and also add a new non-standard modulator for cc 8 to balance control. I don't think we need an option to switch this off, but maybe somebody else has a different opinion on that?

Cheers,

   Marcus