Re: [fluid-dev] Override envelope release time?

From: Ceresa Jean-Jacques
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Override envelope release time?
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 14:11:38 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Mark & Tom

>Is this use-case worth to keep absolute generators?

A part for experimenting i don't see any use case for "absolute" generators.

>Or is there any other way of achieving what Mark is asking for?

I'am sorry i dont see an other way.

Musically speaking if the goal is to have a very fast release to satisfy an "aggressive staccato playing", i think that

that FluidSynth should bring the minimum release to 10 ms (rather then 16 ms). A limit below 10 ms doesn't seem to give any difference

and  produces pops and clics ( because the internal resolution is around 1 ms (with sample rate at 44100Hz) ).

jjc