Re: [fluid-dev] Override envelope release time?

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Override envelope release time?
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 20:46:06 +0200

> Don't think so. We could implement MIDI CC 72 which is the recommended
> default for "Sound Release Time".

With the new API for manipulating default modulators, every user is free to
implement it himself.

> As you say, that generator is in absolute timecents anyway.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but all modulators are added to an existing
generator. Wouldnt this make setting an absolute release time via modulators
pretty hard? Ofc you can always somehow force it to zero, even with this
relative control. But setting it to some specific value would be much more
comfortable using fluid_synth_set_gen2 I guess.

Tom