Re: [fluid-dev] Android Support

From: Phil Blandford
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] Android Support
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2018 17:14:13 +0100

Hello all,

I've revisited this. I've managed to get a glib build working for Android (even if I had to hack a few things), and made Atsushi Eno's fork build with it. I also created a little app to demonstrate.

If you have a Debian distro (or don't mind changing a few bits to get it to work for you), you can have a try here:

git clone https://address@hidden/phil_blandford/androidfluidsynth.git

There's quite a few issues:

It doesn't work well on Android at the moment - the log is full of errors, and the sound distorts sometimes.
It uses old-style configure rather than Cmake
The fork is of quite an old version, and uses an OpenSLES driver which, as has been pointed out, might not be very future-proof
The build script is just a script rather than a formal build environment

But I'm hoping that making it easier to build against glib will at least be a start, and help people who know more about this sort of thing to be able to progress it.