[fluid-dev] Pausing MIDI File Playback

From: Christopher Leger
Subject: [fluid-dev] Pausing MIDI File Playback
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 23:57:20 -0400

Hi guys,

This seems like a very simple question but I am not sure about the best way to do it. I just want the ability to pause midi file playback and then resume.

I tried using fluid_player_stop

then fluid_synth_all_sounds_off to get rid of the sounds that are still being synthesized.

Then I tired fluid_player_play.

Sometimes this works perfectly and other times it spams the console with error messages and fails to start.

What is the right way to do this simple thing? There is no fluid_player_pause. Is it simple to pause then, right?

-Chris