[fluid-dev] Play non-soundfont audio files, for one-shots, movie quotes,

From: Geoff Plitt
Subject: [fluid-dev] Play non-soundfont audio files, for one-shots, movie quotes, etc
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 17:41:28 -0700

If the answer to this is "no, fluidsynth was not designed for that" I totally understand.

Been playing with it for a while and love it, used several Soundfonts that I liked.

But once in a while I want to add a single audio file to play, like a movie quote (for example) or a simple one-shot sound that does not warrant building a sound font. So:

===> Does Fluidsynth's roadmap include (or can you right now do) SFZs or one-shot audio playback of, say, WAV files?

If not, I guess I can run a separate audio player in another process/program and trigger it separately, but it would be cool to keep it all within Fluidsynth.