Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI piano + sustain pedal realism

From: Tom M.
Subject: Re: [fluid-dev] MIDI piano + sustain pedal realism
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 16:23:07 +0200

Sorry for the delay. I've had a look at the Piano Soundfont you mentioned:

> 2. I really like the Yamaha Salamander soundfont from SoundFonts4U, but it
> appears that FluidSynth doesn't reproduce the sustain pedal release noises
> that some of the instruments have there, which I would really like to have.
> Is this an SF2 format limitation or a FluidSynth limitation?

I cant find anything like a "sustain pedal release noise" in the soundfont
itself. I dont know what you expect to happen or when/how this is supposed to
play. At least the SF2 spec doesnt say anything about a noise being played when
CC64 goes <64. Whereever you've heard that, it's probably a custom feature.

Tom