freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Fonts that go into distros

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Fonts that go into distros
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 19:46:51 +0530

On Thursday 01 May 2003 10:15 pm, Deepayan Sarkar said in public:
> On Thursday 01 May 2003 03:51 am, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 23:25, Deepayan Sarkar wrote:
> > > True. Also Likhan is much improved from the last release. Mukti, in my
> > > experience, works well on Windows, but not on Linux. A (hopefully) not
> > > very difficult option would be to use the Mukti/Akruti glyphs in the
> > > template font and release that. I've never actually looked at Ani, but
> > > the same should apply.
> >
> > No, we need not use the template.
> > The only problem with Mukti/Ani is that they goof up with raphala/reph,
> > and I know why. Once you remove the problem causing rule, it should be
> > OK. I could have done it my self, but in my box, pfaedit is causing
> > problems, so I am "disabled" for now ;-).
>
> I see what you mean, the ordering of features in the GSUB table is wrong (I
> faced the same problem when making the template font). I think the simplest
> way would be to change the single .vtp file these fonts use and recompile
> them with VOLT. I'll do that tomorrow perhaps (have to boot Windows,
> arrgh).

No - actually, the trouble is elsewhere.
Mukti is using both below base substitutions and Vatu to show the
<con><raphala> glyphs. (see screenshot)
This is causing all the trouble ( AFAIK - I cannot check at this moment, as
fonts compiled with pfaedit are not working :-( .

-sdg-

--
:
####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : Knowing dependencies of executables            LOST #258

To know the dependencies of a dynamic elf executable, do:
$ldd `which <executable-file-name>`

: