freebangfont-devel

Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Mukti

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Mukti
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 00:27:32 +0530

On Wed, 21 May 2003 15:13:03 -0500
Deepayan Sarkar <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 May 2003 12:52, Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I checked, and apparently, MuktiNarrow fonts are the ones whose glyphs have
> > not been withdrawn by Cyberscape. Can someone reconfirm??
> > Here's a cut and paste of the withdrawal announcement.
> >
> > ***************************************************************************
> >***************** http://www.gnu.org.in/
> >
> > Cyberscape ,the company which released the first set of Indic
> > fonts under GPL has withdrawn some of the fonts due to possible
> > copyright issues.
> > Cyberscape ,which released the Akruti fonts under GPL has
> > withdrawn the following fonts due to possible copyright issues.
> >
> > Bengali - bng1-n.ttf and bng1-b.ttf
>
> Very confusing. The tarball currently available has bng2-n.ttf (bold) and
> bng2-b.ttf (normal), but I don't know what used to be available. I also don't
> know which versions of Mukti were based on what.

OK - did some cut and paste - it's MuktiNarrow.
However, I am not releasing it before fixing the bugs in there.
Deepayan - can you tell me what you had to do to get Mukti (the regular
version) handle raphala/.reph properly??
-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta [http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/]
Get my Public Keys at http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/keys.html

Sub : Viewing compresses files                       LOST #191

To view a compressed file (e.g. .tar.gz, zip, Z etc.) without
having to first uncompress it, use :
'zcat' or 'zless' ... e.g. zless Sound-HOWTO.txt.gz

: