freebangfont-devel

[Freebangfont-devel] Mukti Narrow

From: Anirban Mitra
Subject: [Freebangfont-devel] Mukti Narrow
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:37:27 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Friends,
 I could not keep up with recent developments in our Ankur project
as I am busy with my work. There was little time left for font
development. Meanwhile, Omi Azad has been working on the font and
has improved the font quiet a bit. I feel his version should be
considered the recent one. It is available at
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=135192

I have checked the font and though it fails in Microsoft font
validator testing, it works fine in both GNU/Linux and WinXP.

I have a plan to convert the font to cubic splines and create a OTF
with fontforge. It may be sometime later. Till then Omi's
modification should be released in freebanglafont site as version
0.97. I feel now the original Mukti font is not there, Mukti Narrow
should be recristened Mukti.

Anirban

http://in.promos.yahoo.com/fabmall/index.html