freecats-dev

Re: [Freecats-Dev] A promising Python IDE: BOA Constructor

From: Henri Chorand
Subject: Re: [Freecats-Dev] A promising Python IDE: BOA Constructor
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:55:17 +0200

> I've had it installed for a while, and although I haven't tried to
> stretch it much yet, it seems to do what it says on the box.
> There's also wxGlade -- simpler and smaller, but equally capable
> of designing GUIs. That's *all* wxGlade does though -- not a full
> IDE, just an interface designer.

Ideally, you may help us Sunday-developers by creating an empty project via
BOA, checking that all required items, libraries etc. (e.g. wxPython) are
properly in place. I presume Julien and I (and others) could then quickly
return interface prototypes so that we could show everybody what we are
dreaming of.

The next steps would be to refine these prototypes, then to add Free CATS
server API calls... and have fun. (I reckon there are lots of other things
to do, like error management...)

At least, once we consider the API function as mature (whatever we put
behind), nothing should stop us to work on server and client modules in
parallel.

Cheers,

Henri