freecycle-users

[Freecycle-users] No MIDI on Freecycle (Ubuntu Studio 8.x)

From: Emilio Martín
Subject: [Freecycle-users] No MIDI on Freecycle (Ubuntu Studio 8.x)
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:46:29 +0100

Hello everybody!

I'm new to this list, but I've been searching the archives and haven't found an answer to my trouble: I have no MIDI inputs or outputs from Freecycle on JACK. I'm using Freebob driver for audio and ALSA for MIDI. Other audio applications are working great with this config, such as Seq24, Ardour, Zynaddsubfx, Hydrogen, PureData, LMMS...

I've read on this mailing list archive (Dec 2008) that maybe Freecycle for Debian (and thus for Ubuntu, I assume...) it's compiled without MIDI support (¿?). This means that I should compile from source, activating that option? That would be very bad news for me, because I haven't been able to compile ANYTHING from source and get it to work. Never ever. That "./configure, make, install" thing doesn't work with me, at least to date...

Hope someone can help...

P.S.: The 8.x is because I'm currently running 8.10, but I'm moving back to 8.04 today. Better performance for audio.

Charlas más divertidas con el nuevo Windows Live Messenger