freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Re: [llnl-devel] FreeIPMI conflict/issue list

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: [llnl-devel] FreeIPMI conflict/issue list
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:17:16 -0800

Albert Chu <address@hidden> writes:
>I didn't even notice the ipmi_errno variable.  Is this even necessary?
>I would think this is only necessary if we wrote much higher level
>functions, such as "ipmi_setup_session" or something.  In the current
>framework errors will exist in packet completion codes or in
>sendto/recvfrom.  I feel its ok for errors from sendto/recvfrom to be
>passed back to the user via libc errno.  I still don't know your code as
>well as you, so you perhaps see something I don't see.

I forgot to mention the reason. ipmi_errno variable pre-dates
ipmi_strerror_r implementation. Original plan was to store the
completion code in ipmi_errono and build macros around this
variable. But it is thread-safe to call ipmi_strerror_r with the
comp_code returned by ipmi_recvfrom directly than trusting the global
ipmi_errno variable.

--
Anand Babu
CaliforniaDigital.com