freeipmi-devel

[Freeipmi-devel] Re: FreeIPMI - Alpha-4 QA-1 Released.

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] Re: FreeIPMI - Alpha-4 QA-1 Released.
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:48:30 -0800

Hey AB,

A few issues with the sensors and bmc-config stuff.

sensors

It seems the sensors cache is always stored in /var/tmp.  I don't think
this is the greatest location for it.  We have cronjobs that regularly
cleanup/remove files in /var/tmp.  Perhaps we could have an option that
allows us to specify the location of the sensors cache?  Or perhaps a
fish configuratoin file can always be read which lists an alternate
default location.  It might be best to ask Robin and the admin team what
the best option is though.

bmc-config

I assume that some of the issues we talked about in the last e-mail
thread about bmc-config just aren't done yet, so I won't talk about them.

I did notice a problem with userX_password configuration in the
configuration file.  If you don't list a password for an already
existent user, the password is automatically changed to NULL.  That
means we'd always have to re-type the password in the configuration file
if we want to re-commit that configuration file.

How about if userX_password is a special case and is always commented
out when you do a --checkout?  That way, the values are only changed if
the user really wants them changed. So ...

###   Uncomment following to assign password
###   Empty password is acceptable.
#user1_password
#user2_password
#user3_password