Re: [Freeipmi-devel] the new ipmi_kcs_io_init API

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] the new ipmi_kcs_io_init API
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:09:39 -0800

,----[ Albert Chu <address@hidden> ]
| Ian,
| I think that's a good point.  But at the same time, probing may not
| always work.  Perhaps two different init functions and our code can
| call each one appropriately? i.e.
| if (ipmi_probe(&probe_data) < 0)
|    ipmi_kcs_io_init(default_port, default_reg_space);
| else
|    ipmi_kcs_io_probe_init(&probe_data);

I am going to add one more layer that abstracts all in-band and
out-of-band drivers into one common API set. It will look very similar
to fopen/fread/fwrite/fclose calls. (ipmi_open, ipmi_cmd, ipmi_read,
ipmi_write, ..). These APIs will take a pointer to structure and let
the user choose the driver during open function. During this
transition, we will have all low level drivers use this single

Anand Babu
Free as in Freedom <>