freeipmi-devel

Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id:intern

From: Al Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id:internal IPMI error
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:40:46 -0700

Hey David,

Are you using the newest FreeIPMI available?  0.6.5 from the FreeIPMI
homepage?  The debug dump data you've given me seems pretty out of date.
I've changed the formatting + the amount of information that gets
dumped.

[ VALUE               TAG NAME:LENGTH                          ]
[              2Dh] = cmd[ 8b]
[              CBh] = comp_code[ 8b]
(ipmi_monitoring_sensor_reading.c, _get_sensor_reading, 404): bad
completion code: 0x51
ipmi_monitoring_sensor_readings_by_record_id: internal IPMI error

Another user w/ a Dell machine hit sensors that returned 0xCB ==
"Requested Sensor, data, or record not present".  This fix seems to be
in the FreeIPMI 0.6.5 release.

On another note, there are several sensors on your motherboard that
ipmimonitoring currently does not interpret.  I will add those into
ipmimonitoring.

Al

--
Albert Chu