freeipmi-users

Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmipower over IP - IBM eServer 325

From: Gerald Nowitzky
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmipower over IP - IBM eServer 325
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 23:31:17 +0100

After updating the firmware I used the IBM IPMI config utility (lancfg) to set the passwords again.
The program confirmed the password changes.
Trying again, nothing changed. Still no response on ipmipower.

I was trying around and happened to try the 0.2.0 IPMIPOWER with -u USERID but no -p and - it worked!!

ipmipower 0.1.3 still isn't working.

So there is something about setting the password with the IBM lancfg utility.

I am very sorry for wasting your time!
(Gerald)

----- Original Message ----- From: Albert Chu