freeipmi-users

[Freeipmi-users] ipmi-sensors "password incorrect" with IPMI 2.0, works

From: Alexey Dushechkin
Subject: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi-sensors "password incorrect" with IPMI 2.0, works with IPMI 1.5
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 21:29:31 +0700

Hello,

I have several Dell C5220 servers (12 "blades" in single chassis), which
declare full IPMI 2.0 support. But when I try to use ipmi-sensors with "-D
LAN_2_0", the answer is "password incorrect". "ipmitool -I lanplus" returns
sensor readings with the same login/password, so do "ipmi-sensors -D LAN".
That's the only device class in my net requiring IPMI 1.5, and it's kinda
inconvenient.

What may be done to debug/fix the issue so IPMI 2.0 would work? I use
freeipmi 1.6.2 built from sources on Ubuntu 18.04.