freepooma-devel

RE: [pooma-dev] Pooma Code Failures

From: Julian C. Cummings
Subject: RE: [pooma-dev] Pooma Code Failures
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:50:35 -0700

I just wanted to note that I looked at the failure of
dynamic_array_test5.  The cause of the failure is as
noted in the code comments; namely that patch-specific
destroy and copy requests using iterator pairs will
fail to compile if the iterators are not convertible
to const int*.  Apparently, the standard iterators in
gcc 3.x are not convertible to raw pointers, so this
part of the test code fails.  If we skip this one line
of dynamic_array_test5.cpp using a #if 0, as suggested
in the code comments, the remainder of the code runs
just fine under gcc 3.x.

I don't see any nice way of fixing this problem, unless
we make separate DestroyEventCodes for IPDomain<int*>
and IPDomain<Iter>, so that we can dynamically cast the
ObserverEvent to the appropriate type of DestroyEvent.
We would have to protect this extra code with a macro
guard, to avoid the extra code in cases where there is
no difference between the standard iterator and a raw
int* or const int*.

-- Julian C.