freepooma-devel

Re: [pooma-dev] Using template template parameters in new code ok?

From: Stephen Smith
Subject: Re: [pooma-dev] Using template template parameters in new code ok?
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:23:30 -0700

That's all there is too it. In fact, people had often commented that some code would be cleaner with template template. It is a pretty recent addition to many compilers.

Rather than write:

template <template <class T> class X>
class A { //...
   X<int> myFunctor;
};

We would define a requirement for an external traits-like class and use a tag:

template <class X>
class A { //...
  MyFunctor<X,int> myFunctor;
};

You'll find patterns like this all over POOMA.

    Stephen