freepooma-devel

RE: [Freepooma-devel] [RFC] Change domain object default constructorbeha

From: ron hylton
Subject: RE: [Freepooma-devel] [RFC] Change domain object default constructorbehavior
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 13:08:26 -0400

Richard, I'm not quite sure what the real goal is (I've never looked at UninitializedVector) so this may not work or might be considered lying to the compiler, but perhaps it will at least generate some other ideas.

template <class X>
struct XNoInit : public X
{
        XNoInit() : X(NoInit()) {}
};

template <class Bar, int Dim>
struct FooNoInit
{
        XNoInit<Bar> x[Dim];
};

If the choice of initialization strategy needs to be controlled at compile time you could use a Loki-type Select to choose an appropriate type for x.

Hope this helps,
Ron