freepooma-devel

Re: [Freepooma-devel] Duplicate specialization of Region<1>?

From: Richard Guenther
Subject: Re: [Freepooma-devel] Duplicate specialization of Region<1>?
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 18:48:27 +0200

Richard Guenther wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We seem to have an extra specialization of Region<1, T> for
> POOMA_DEFAULT_POSITION_TYPE.  It is mostly identical, but
> seems to miss some typedefs.  Is there any reason for it?

Ah, it's in the code comment:

 * Since partially-specialized classes cannot have default template
 * parameters (WHY???? Because The Standards Committee Is Evil), there
 * is a version of the 1D specialization of Region for general type T, and
 * a further specialization to 1D and type POOMA_DEFAULT_POSITION_TYPE.

but this is bogous.  The default template argument still applies to
the specialization.  Maybe some older compilers choked on it, but even
gcc 2.95 gets it right, so ...

> I'll remove it, if nobody objects.

... done.

Richard.