freeride-devel

[FR-devel] Hello all :)

From: Gianmaria
Subject: [FR-devel] Hello all :)
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 13:16:38 +0200

Hi to all the developers :)
I'm an italian developer, 23 year old. For work i usually use Visual C++/MFC because i like have the control on ALL i use, not just pre-made "cointaners" to use but that if you want to change something you dont have the source code of it and you become mad. For the other thing i like to use freeware tools to create free programs. I mostly use GCC and Python and now i'm enjoying using Ruby. I like very much the wxWindows library and i'd like to see also ported to Ruby, because it has many and many classes, features to use and also for commercial things it's becoming reliable. In the panorama of the free libraries i use also Sqlite, a powerful database, not very easy/standard to use but it works good.
What i develop? For work i create architectural tools (some times also i help with the Intellicad version we sell), for the remain i like to code utility for helping myself on some work, but my love is game programming. after years of following the 3d technologies i decided to code real games, and now im involved in Uranus (http://uranus.sourceforge.net) a space strategic game in OpenGL/SDL with a concept between Heroes of Might and Magic  and  Master of Orion. I'll be compilable on all the systems supported by OpenGL and SDL. i've also 2 projects similar but for now secondary (also if they're more advanced than Uranus).
How proceed the developing of FREERIDE? i like very much the functionality of this program