freeride-devel

[FR-devel] FreeRIDE Installer for Linux

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: [FR-devel] FreeRIDE Installer for Linux
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 23:23:00 +0200

All,

In my attempt to make FreeRIDE easier to install on Linux system I have put together a ready to use package with all the necessary libraries in there. This package is only suitable for GLIBC 2.2 based system

Ideally I'd like all Linux users to:

a) download the following package in /tmp
http://www.moldus.org/~laurent/FreeRIDE/files/precompiled/freeride_20030503_bin.tgz
b) su root
c) cd /  # Important !!
d) tar xvfz /tmp/freeride_20030503_bin.tgz
e) return to normal user mode
f) /usr/local/bin/freeride

Installed files are in /usr/local/freeride and /usr/local/bin/freeride (they cannot be moved to another place)

And tell me if it works ok or there is any library missing.

Thanks