freeride-devel

RE: [FR-devel] Hello!

From: Curt Hibbs
Subject: RE: [FR-devel] Hello!
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:29:38 -0500

Dmitry V. Sabanin wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm new to that list and to FreeRIDE, but i really want to contribute.
> I already had seen some bugs in IDE, but that's my first fix, for
> some reason
> my fox library ( maybe it's too new, or maybe somehow old :)
> didn't worked
> right with FreeRIDE. Here is patch, i hope it will explain
> everything much
> better than my broken english :o)

I'm glad to have you join us!

You will find that FreeRIDE activity is sporadic, as various people on the
team make time from their busy lives to contribute to FreeRIDE. Don't pay
too much attention the "projects" page in the wiki as it is way out-of-date
(especially the assignments of people to various projects).

Mainly, if there's something you want to work on, just send a message to
this list first to make sure no one else is already working on it. Laurent
Julliard has been the mainstay of the project with a slow and steady stream
of contributions. And Rich Kilmer, who contributes in large spikes of
activity, will probably make another large batch of checkins soon because he
is giving a talk on FreeRIDE at OSCON next month.

At this point I would say that you could really pick whatever interests you
(look at the projects wiki page for ideas) except for Project Management
(which Rich is working on) and the Debugger (which Laurent is working on).

Once again, I'm glad to have you with us!

Curt