Re: Knuth on TrueType vs Metafont

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: Knuth on TrueType vs Metafont
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:01:52 +0100

Shyjan Mahamud wrote:

> don't know if you folks have seen this on
>
>         http://www.advogato.org/article/28.htm

You do mean <URL:http://www.advogato.org/article/28.html>, don't you?

I was very pleased with the 404 page, BTW. I invite everybody to try
Shydan's link, and then to correct its default 404 page accordingly ;-).

Thanks for the information. I cc: the relevant mailing list
(address@hidden). For the people there, there is a interesting
comment in this article, from Donald Knuth, about our subject. Its
conclusion is :
> [...] So TrueType was an intelligently chosen subset, but
> certainly all the ideas I've ever heard of about TrueType were, I
> believe, well known in the early '60s.

Antoine