Re: Perspective projection

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Perspective projection
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:51:35 +0100

Hello Charles,

> Is it possible to due perspective projection of
> glyphs with the current freetype structure?
> If so, how?

Simply load a glyph outline with TT_Load_Glyph.
Then access the outline and perform the
perspective projection on the control points.

Then render it normally through TT_Get_Outline_Bitmap

Note that you should compute the transform so that
it places the resultant outline correctly relative
to the target bitmap..

Hope this helps,

- David

PS: To be precise, a perspective projection isn't linear,
    which means that the image of the transformed control
    points if not exactly the same than the transformed
    image of the original outline. However, I believe that
    such differences should really be un-noticable unless
    you use a really, really far pivot point..